Creative - Retail & Interiors
At Checkland Kindleysides, we are looking for a pioneer who can help keep us at the forefront of brand experience design. We are a distinguished studio, recognized worldwide for crafting unparalleled brand experiences over the past 40 years. Our design ethos has set industry benchmarks, fostering work that leads the way in originality.
Our design philosophy breaks free from the confines of a uniform style—we believe in the power of individuality. If you have a knack for putting people at the core of your designs, creating encounters before crafting the environment, be it tangible, digital, or virtual, then you might just be the one to help us continue to push the boundaries.
Our ideal candidate is skilled at crafting immersive and dynamic brand experiences. If you can imagine such experiences and seamlessly intertwine effective, eco-conscious solutions with boundless creative craft. At Checkland Kindleysides, our team thrives on progressive thinking, and we're eager to expand with like-minded individuals.
We ignite passion and the sheer joy of the encounter wherever people connect with brands. We are seeking a visionary capable of intensifying these moments, infusing anticipation and intrigue into every step of the customer journey. If you’re ready to redefine the game, we’re ready for you.
R&I Design Role
- 3-5 years experience in relevant industry/agencies.
- Be a confident voice with an individual creative style to work within the wider team to develop compelling and meaningful design concepts, from initial ideation through to finalised Detail Design.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the consumer journey and behaviours, interrogating the brief and identifying key objectives.
- The ability to take the lead omn, with an attention to detail to ensure standards and consistency, effective in liaising with the client.
- Have the potential to mentor Junior Creatives, setting a positive example through a pro-active and motivated approach.
- Full understanding of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, fluent in 3D modelling software and render programs, SketchUp/V-Ray preferable.
- Have substantial experience in reading and creating CAD drawing packs, including relevant specification documents.
R&I Creative Mindset
- Hold a pulpable sense of intuition. Instinct goes a long way when embarking on something new.
- Be a simple genius. Spark brand potential. The purists opportunities aren’t always obvious.
- Understand the essence of collaboration. Be agile in one breath and persistent in the other.
- Respect the commerciality’s of a project, using any barrier as a barometer for practicality and inspiration.
- Believe in a contagious work ethic. Passion drives creativity.
- Listen, translate, create. Have one finger on the pulse at all times, keeping in-tune with the evolving trends, culture and software.
CK Application Details
Our application process doesn’t involve any tick box exercises. Quality outweighs quantity. Send us a portfolio that makes you flick twice - any format is accepted.
- Salary: competitive and fair.
- Holiday: 20 contractual days, all bank holidays, plus your birthday and the festive period between Christmas & new year. Loyalties days are accrued after 3 years.
- Benefits: private healthcare, a wellbeing cashback scheme, generous pension contributions, life assurance and many other perks.
- CK Culture: flexible working with the option to split days between studio and WFH. We’re reasonable and instill trust in all our team members.
- Diversity and Inclusion: we believe in exactly that. Read more here.