We are currently looking for a talented Creative to join our Retail and Interiors team. Ideally, you’ve already worked in a retail commercial environment for at least 3-4 years, with a proven track record of closely working with clients.
We are looking for a Creator with a passion for creating things that bring brands and people together. An enthusiast for branded spaces in all its forms, you’ll be someone who has a passion for communicating through GREAT design that’s backed up with a human understanding of how people interact with brands.
You’ll have an appreciation of the subtle nuances within branded environments and the mediums through which it can be executed. You will be someone who will rise to this challenge and not be afraid to try new things; you need to be a thinker and doer at the same time, be able to step up, pitch in and deliver on it with creative flair. We need someone who will fight for their ideas but loves working in a team that is always trying to realise the unrealised.
Typical accountabilities and expectations may include:
- Be a team player – work seamlessly with the Interiors and Architecture, Brand Communications Teams.
- Think differently – you’ll think strategically and conceptually to solve Brand design challenges.
- Have superior craft – impeccable 3-dimensional design skills with the ability to use and abuse all mediums to express your creativity, be it through a simple sketch idea or the latest modelling software.
- Be methodical – ensuring your projects are planned out, maintained, formatted and organised.
- Show a ravenous curiosity – to develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the consumer trends and related design trends, sharing interesting things with your team and the wider company.
- Have excellent time management – to be able to complete tasks in the time allocated and to be able to work to deadlines effectively while under pressure.
- Bring no ego – having the confidence to voice your opinion but be prepared to dig deep and help your team wherever necessary.
- Be an independent thinker – you’ll take the initiative and see opportunities outside your day-to-day deliverables.
- Be a rough diamond – we don’t want the finished article; we want someone with an openness and hunger to learn and create.
- Have an eye for detail – be able to cross all the T’s and dot the I’s, but more importantly identify the little things that will make the difference.
- Be technically proficient in Sketch Up ( or other modelling software ), V-Ray, Auto Cad, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Illustrator ) with a drive to learn more.
- Digitally aware – have knowledge and passion to design across channels and beyond physical space.
- Show passion & curiosity for – the latest cutting-edge materials and production methods with knowledge of innovative sustainability developments.
- Be animated – bring your energy and inspiration to the team. Not afraid to challenge others, push
- boundaries and speak up, when necessary.
A Team Player
In return, we will give you the support, opportunity and inspiration to do things you have never done before, to create amazing things and fundamentally shape how some of the best brands in the world behave.
We are non-hierarchical. You’ll never be far away from an exceptionally experienced and talented crew of creatives from the world of brand communication, interior and architecture.
Ideally, you’ve already worked in retail commercial environment for at least 3-4 years, proven track record of closely working with clients. Excellent presentation skills and ideally some experience in developing and nurturing a junior member of staff. Also, you need to be able to show us that you have experience through all stages of the project & competent to support senior members – step in/ be competent in filling a leadership gap in a project.
About Checkland Kindleysides
Checkland Kindleysides is one of the world’s most influential creative studios. We use visionary creative thinking to bring people and brands together, anywhere and everywhere; inside, outside, online, physical or tactile.
A dynamic collective of design visionaries, brand experts, strategists, UX, UI designers and makers, we’re united in a single desire: to realise the unrealised. It’s what we’ve done best for over 40 years.
Our clients are brands with diverse business models across multiple global markets. They include Adidas Originals, Wedgwood, American Eagle, Asda, FaceGym and Oakley.
Big or small. Old or new. Niche or mainstream. We unleash brand potential.