We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and experienced Account Director with expertise in retail brand design to join our Client Services team.
This role is ideally suited to someone with 5-8 years’ experience in an agency senior client lead or account handling role working across a diverse mix of sectors in brand experience, brand transformation, activations and campaigns. If you have solid brand design experience particularly in retail or are working in a creative agency leading multi-disciplinary design projects, then this could be the role for you!
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark within a dynamic, fast-paced agency environment. You will have a pro-active can-do attitude, be commercially savvy and able to nurture and grow client relationships and key accounts. You will be an expert communicator and possess a natural flair for managing Clients, understanding their challenges and priorities and providing a rewarding experience.
This is a hands-on role and on a day-to-day basis, you will enjoy working as part of a dedicated account team, driving client development and growth. You will also be able to manage your own projects across a diverse mix of global brands and projects, leading by example and offering support and expertise to others. This role offers the right person an excellent opportunity to further their career in Client Services, and as you make positive in-roads, you will be given more opportunity to nurture your own development and growth!
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Work with account teams to foresee opportunities and drive key account deliverables and growth
- Develop and manage key account plans for your designated accounts, including any marketing content and campaign activity as per agreed outreach plans and timings
- Ensure timely completion of key account bi-monthly meetings, commercial updates and reporting
- Hold regular account review meetings and client listening surveys, to identify and cascade key insights and learnings for continuous improvement
- Nurture client relationships and build trust with senior client teams, understanding their strategic business demands, challenges and pain points
- To have the eyes and ears of the client and input into creative deliverables alongside the creative team to ensure we are ‘listening’ and responding in a way that is wholly relevant and meeting expectations
- Checkland Kindleysides Limited Registered in England No. 2012831
- Lead new business tenders, RFP’s and pitches on key accounts, including the preparation of commercial and project delivery information as required
- Prepare costs and schedules for various projects, ensuring all costs are budgeted accurately, fully understood and approved by the client, and updated accordingly when responding to additional out of scope requests
- Ensure all project invoices and PO’s for suppliers are raised at the appropriate time throughout the project being aware of the need to manage cash flow effectively
- Attend industry networking events, as required
- Ability to nurture client relationships and build trust
- Strategic perspectives and bigger picture thinking
- Commercially astute with strong negotiation skills
- Growth mindset and agile thinking
- First rate communication skills
- Strong organisational and team management skills
- Flexible, proactive, confident and self-motivated
About Checkland Kindleysides
Checkland Kindleysides is one of the world’s most influential creative studios. We use visionary creative thinking to bring people and brands together, anywhere and everywhere; inside, outside, online, physical or tactile.
A dynamic collective of design visionaries, brand experts, strategists, UX, UI designers and makers, we’re united in a single desire: to realise the unrealised. It’s what we’ve done best for over 40 years.
Our clients are brands with diverse business models across multiple global markets. They include adidas Originals, Wedgwood, American Eagle, ASDA, FaceGym and Oakley.
Big or small. Old or new. Niche or mainstream. We unleash brand potential.